As a personal trainer, my mission is to help you reach your goals and get you in great shape. To gain maximal achievement, there are things you can do IN ADDITION to our training sessions. Here are a few quick tips to help you maximise your gains and help you reach your goals faster:
1. Ask me questions: The fitness industry, just like anything in life, can be mixed with myths so as a trainer, I feel it is my duty to inform you of the truths behind these myths. However you must remember, every person is different so just because Jo here can squat ass to grass doesn’t mean everyone can and/or should. The easiest way to get in contact with me is via e-mail/facebook or phone so please don’t hesitate to ask me anything- I am more than happy to help.
2. Eat a complete meal with protein, carbs and healthy fats for example a chicken salad with extra virgin olive oil dressing and an apple. This will ensure your body’s energy levels are replenished as well as aiding with muscle recovery; plus the healthy fats will help with lubricating your joints and relieving stiffness and potentially joint pain. If you are ensure what a complete meal is, check out my nutritional article: What to eat, what not to eat
3. Think about your goals and what would achieving them mean to you. Even if your goals are big or small, envision seeing yourself there and how that would make you feel, every step you take will bring you closer to your goals.
4. Inform your friends and family to what you are doing so that you are kept accountable. Not only will you be trying to show your friends and family how ‘it’s done’ but you will also be receiving positive reinforcements from them and this will keep you going.
5. When going out with friends, keep alcohol intake to a minimum and have water in between drinks- these days peer pressure is minimal and most people are impressed when someone is able to pace themselves and have a great time.
6. Think positive and live in the moment: When you get up in the morning, think about the great things you will be doing on that day- if it happens to be a training day, look forward to it as once you finish it, your brain releases endorphins so you WILL feel great afterwards- Once you train with me, you will see how important the mind is when it comes to your health and fitness journey
If you follow all of these tips, you will change your lifestyle for the better- The only reason why I know this, is that I follow these tips myself and they work for me. I am not a genius though, I can not guarantee you will reach your goals- only you can guarantee you meet them by how dedicated you become. Also, this is not an easy journey but if it’s important to you, it will be simple.
Together we can work towards maximum gains! If you have any questions, please let me know.
All the best,